Forum for the Demoniac Circus group.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Script Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LollipopBoy

PostSubject: Script Questions   Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 pm

I only had a few.. two at the moment. o3o
figured a thread would be good in case more come up so it's
all in a collective space! YAY

So anyways; my questions were;
--when introducing our characters, are we using their stage names or their real names?
and
--Should we be writing more than one script for more than one encounter?

Thank you o3o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazy Kitsune
Admin

Location : Philippines: Where if the second-hand smoke doesn't kill ya, the pollution will!

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Mon May 30, 2011 12:02 am

LollipopBoy wrote:

--when introducing our characters, are we using their stage names or their real names?

Yeah. You can introduce their real names, and then say their stage name. Just take a look at what I did at the thread for Karolin's script. ^^

LollipopBoy wrote:
--Should we be writing more than one script for more than one encounter?
There will be 2 encounters, the "behind the scenes" one and the "showtime" one. We can work our way to that because I don't know what's gonna happen still, haha!

If you're referring to the Tyke scenes, you can write like 3 different encounters and we can mix them up throughout the tour. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://demoniaccircus.forumotion.com
LollipopBoy

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Mon May 30, 2011 12:11 am

Okay thanks!

I'll edit Ali's script up a bit more with the style
I saw you did with Karolin and Tobi Smile
(Hopefully before you review it to save you some time too ;D)

Thank you o3o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hutt

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:08 am

Also;
Is Perry gonna be with the player at all times? If so; should we include that in the script or are you gonna edit that in later?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://huttan.tumblr.com
Lazy Kitsune
Admin

Location : Philippines: Where if the second-hand smoke doesn't kill ya, the pollution will!

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 am

Hutt wrote:
Also;
Is Perry gonna be with the player at all times? If so; should we include that in the script or are you gonna edit that in later?
For the tour part of the game, yes, because he's the tour guide and he doesn't want the journalist to discover something that would give their circus a bad name. During and after the show part, he won't be with the player anymore unless the player made certain decisions. (But I'm still trying to think of what could happen, haha.)
Back to top Go down
Hutt

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 am

Lazy Kitsune wrote:
Hutt wrote:
Also;
For the tour part of the game, yes, because he's the tour guide and he doesn't want the journalist to discover something that would give their circus a bad name. During and after the show part, he won't be with the player anymore unless the player made certain decisions. (But I'm still trying to think of what could happen, haha.)

Ohohho, cue the snoooping
AND BYTHEWAY, JOIN THE CHAT OMG, YOU'RE ONLINE STOPIT
lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://huttan.tumblr.com
Lazy Kitsune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:56 am

Hutt wrote:
Ohohho, cue the snoooping
AND BYTHEWAY, JOIN THE CHAT OMG, YOU'RE ONLINE STOPIT
lol
I went and joined, but you were away, haha. What do you use more, MSN or Yahoo? I'll chat with you there when it's earlier here, because it's like 1am. xD
Back to top Go down
mytwitchyfoxnose

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 pm

o w o::
wouldn't it be a good idea to have some form of base to go off of at the intro/tour? And then,as a group, go into situations, etc, etc,etc? So that we all would have some form of idea of the journalist. [like a base script for them?]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazy Kitsune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

mytwitchyfoxnose wrote:
o w o::
wouldn't it be a good idea to have some form of base to go off of at the intro/tour? And then,as a group, go into situations, etc, etc,etc? So that we all would have some form of idea of the journalist. [like a base script for them?]

...I don't get it. /sob OTL

Do you mean like a skeleton for a meeting? The journalist doesn't really have a personality, they're the "Silent Hero" type without an avatar. 0u0;
Back to top Go down
mytwitchyfoxnose

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 am

What I mean is,we have out basic scripts going [i.e the introductions of the hero to the character] but what of the plot? How deep into the circus is the hero going to go?What kind of situations would occur if they snuck in,and depending on the character that they run into? For the hero,how are we supposed to reffer to them?[ I saying,they/them instead of he/she because a definite term isn't given and I'm just left to assume] Also as a person write the script for their situations with said hero [possibly with or without Perry] do we just give a 'good reaction' and a 'bad reaction' to make situations simpler?

Its questions like this that come up for me and I'm sorry it seems like alot but there will always be more questions popping out of every internet orifice,ya know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazy Kitsune
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:50 am

Mm, I'm still working on that. ^^; The game was meant to be an intro or "meet the circus members" kind of thing, so I didn't really think over any deep plots. orz I did think about multiple endings though, but I'm still trying to get it to work into the game.

At the beginning of the game, Perry asks the player where they want to go, and that's how they basically meet all the members. After that, anything goes, I guess, haha.

For referring to the player, it'll just be by their name in the game. We'll just find a way to go around the pronouns, hahaha. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Script Questions   

Back to top Go down

Script Questions
Page 1 of 1